Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Model Integrity: True Story (Interview with model Scott Eiden)

We decided to take a minute to catch up with a past client and share a story with you of what the journey into modeling can look like. Thanks Scott for taking the time to share with us...

Interview with Model & Actor Scott Eiden ~ May 2011

-What did you think about modeling before you attended a Model Integrity (MI) Workshop?
At the time, I was 32 and looking to make a switch from construction to sales as a spokesperson and it was highly recommended that I get a professional headshot to do so. I was highly encouraged to submit myself for modeling as well. I was skeptical at first but after reading the bio for Model Integrity I decided it was a "safe" way to explore this new line of work. There happened to be a MI seminar a week out so I signed up.

-How did the MI workshop shape your perspective on the industry?
Accurately! I've been in the industry now for a little over 2 years and Shannon was right on!

-What was the most useful thing you learned through MI?
"Don't take it personally, you're clip art! The director for a project has an image in mind and you may or may not fit it. It's that simple." This is completely true. This industry is a business and your image is what's for sale, so DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY.

-Did you decide to pursue modeling after your workshop & how did you go about it?
Yes. After learning about the Mpls modeling industry I decided I had a good chance at making something work. I decided to shoot a comp card and head shot with Feather Blue Studios.


-What did you think about your photo shoot experience?
It was a wonderful first experience. I was nervous of course, being in construction for 8 years didn't lend me the skills needed to smile in front of the camera, but Shannon's genuine concern for me and really fun attitude helped put me at ease. You have to be comfortable because it's your emotion that comes through on camera!

-Did you end up working with any local agencies and how did that come about?
Yes, I signed on with 2 very good agencies not long after our shoot and I'm still with them today.

-What type of modeling work have you done since?
I've since booked a couple fashion shows, industrial print for Eco lab, Mystic Lake, and Target for example, as well as some commercials and movies.


-Has working with MI or Feather Blue Studios helped you out with any other aspects of your life or career?
Definitely! Not long after signing on, one of the agencies kept sending me out on auditions for commercials. The money was amazing and I decided I needed to take acting classes and give it a shot. The work I've landed and what I've learned since has benefited me in all areas of my life. By the way, not only did I land a role in a local feature film but I got that spokesperson job I originally set out to get! ;-)

-What else would you like people to know about working with Shannon and Model Integrity?
Shannon, loves what she does and she truly has your best interest at heart! Truly!! If you're new to this industry, or like many others out there who have been sold a line of bull just to get your money, Shannon will give you the real scoop on the industry and what you should expect to pay and what you should expect from it. With Shannon, you get what you pay for.... actually, I'd say a little more.

If you're interested in booking Scott for future acting or modeling projects please contact Model Integrity at modelintegrity@juno.com to get his booking contact information.

No comments: